We did it! Together we decluttered over 100 items in 10 days! The truth is it wasn’t as hard as we thought it would be and we both admitted that after the challenge we were going to keep going.
If you missed the last blog post, we challenged ourselves to get rid of five things per day in 10 different rooms. The method was to take the task of decluttering and break it down into manageable daily tasks. The quicker you found five things the faster you were done.
We posted all of our progress on our Instagram account (instagram.com/fromonecuptothenext/). Read More
If you are reading this blog post than you probably feel how many moms feel on a daily basis, or at least how I feel. I feel like from the moment I wake up to the moment my child goes to sleep, I am on “go-mode”. Trying to figure out what needs to be done next, who needs what, and when everything needs to be done by. I can honestly say when Gavin goes to bed at 7 pm, I am ready to go to bed too. In the end, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love being busy and being a full-time working mom adds even more. Here are some hacks that I have developed over the last year to keep me sane and my family and home running smoothly.
- Control the chaos by planning ahead
This is a very general statement, however it is crucial to stay ahead of the chaos. I only have one small child, so I am sure anyone with more than one can speak to planning ahead as a must. The weeks where I feel like I have my sh*t together are the weeks where I take a few minutes to plan.
- I plan what we are going to eat and make sure I have all the items.
- I prep any meals that can be prepared so that dinner time is a snap
- I plan what I am going to wear every day
- I plan what the little guy is going to wear
- I plan and prepare lunches so it is more grab-n-go (than drive thru)
2. Use your lunch break
I get an hour for lunch every day and try to make sure I take it no matter how busy I am at work. That hour can be the most important hour of my entire day. I run errands, make returns, grocery shop, and even get home to clean the house. You would be surprised what you can get done in that amount of time. Read More
I am not sure about you, but we have been invited to quite a few barbeques this summer. With a little one at home that keeps me on my toes, I have the perfect make-ahead side dish that your friends and family will love (and it is quick and easy too)!
Jessica’s Famous Pasta Salad
1 box of tri-color rotini pasta
1 bottle of Italian dressing
1 jar of green olives
1 can of black olives
3-4 small packages of string cheese
Optional: other veggies – green peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, diced carrots
- Cook the pasta as the box instructs.
- Drain pasta and let cool to just above room temperature.
- Add in your bottle of italian dressing and mix with the cooked noodles.
- Add the jar of green olives and can of black olives.
- Cut the string cheese into small chunks and add to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let marinade in the fridge.
This is definitely a dump, mix, and go recipe. It is perfect for any family potluck or barbeque.
Please let me know if you try it and what you think!